EZ Caps

Full Version: Making Beer & Using Soda Extract
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just received my ez caps today. I am going to start some ciderright away.I was wondering about making beer. Would I get a better flavor usingale yeasts or other yeasts? I would probably have to allow these toferment longer, correct? Also if I use the ezcap yeast, would I haveto refrigerate to stop fermentation? I don't have a hugerefrigerator and I don't think that I could store many 2 literbottles unless I could store them horizontal which would not allowthe sediment to settle to the bottom? Can I store brews withoutrefrigerating somehow? Would using an ale yeast and waiting forfermentation to end and not refrigerate help so that there is not anexcessive alcohol content that might alter the taste? Anyrecomendation for the best malt extracts to use? Alexanders,Coopers, etc?I am also going to be using Rainbow Flavors Sarsparilla extract tomake sarsparilla soda. The directions state that this can be made in2 liter bottles with regular caps and champagne yeast. Would therebe advantages/disadvantages to using the ezcaps and/or ezcap yeast?Would ezcap yeast result in soda with alcohol? I would also beintersted in making an alcoholic sarsparilla to see what it wouldtaste like, is there a way?ORGINAL POSTER: eezzcap