EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Making Beer & Using Soda Extract
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the Sasparilla, patience. Check it daily, might take a coupledays since it has no nutrients. While you are at the brew shoppicking up ale yeast, etc. ask them about fermentation time andclarifying. I've made very little beer, so I dont want to lead youastray. Trust your experts. Have fun with it!--- "eezzcap" wrote:>>> Ok I have some cider fermenting with the e-z caps and e-z cap yeastfor> 24 hours. The botlles are firm and it looks like it is going well.I> also have some sarsaparilla carbonating using regular bottle capsand> champagne yeast. I followed the directions extremely carefully andused> a digital thermometer when pitching the yeast. The sarsaparillabottles> are not firm yet. Is this a problem? Should I try the e-z cap yeast> next time?>> I am going to one of my local brew shops tomorrow to pick up somemalt,> ale yeast, and hops if the malt is unhopped. Is there a way to tell> when the yeast is done fermenting because, I would rather not add> anything to the beer to stop fermentation and I would like tobottle it?> Can I clarify outside of the fridge and then bottle it or should I> clarify in the fridge first? Also, if I am fairly certain that theyeast> is dead, can I store the bottles out of the fridge after claryfyingthe> beer and rebottling? Will this ruin the taste?>> I am also picking up some grolsch style flip top bottle to bottlesince> the glass is thicker. These are them:>> E-Z Cap Flip Tops or Flexicap Cobalt> >> height="50" width="50" > >>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "Willum" wrote:> >> > WoW!, Lots of questions, and that's great!> >> > You will get getter beer flavor using ale yeasts. Ale yeasts> > typicaly have about 6-8% alcohol tolerance. They will usually brew> > to completion in about a week or so. The EZ cap yeast yeast more> > resembles a champaign type yeast, in that the yeast has an alcohol> > tolerance of about 15-18% when you let it brew out completely.> > Getting more alcohol means more time, to the tune of about 1% ABV> > (Alcohol By Volume) per day.> >> > Refridgeration:> > Refridgeration does NOT stop fermentation, it just slows it down.> > Cold kind of hibernates the yeast, but it doesn't kill it. Thereare> > a couple of ways to kill the yeast 1. Alcohol poisoning -different> > strains of yeast have different alcohol tolernaces. When the yeast> > makes enough alcohol that its environment gets to its tolerance,the> > yeast dies. 2. Starvation - when the yeast runs out of sugar toeat,> > it dies. 3. Heat - If the yeast gets upORGINAL POSTER: willum