EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Making Beer & Using Soda Extract
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most recipes for EZ caps are written with a 12 Oz juice concentrateand a 2 liter bottle in mind. Check in the files section of theYahoo group. A bigger can of concentrate would very likely be alittle "too thick". I will frequently mix one 12 oz can ofconcentrate with 3 1/2 cans of water just so it balances out a littlelighter. You can add a little plain water to your fermented drink tothin it down a bit, just like you can add a little sugar to sweetenit to taste.--- "eezzcap" wrote:>>> Tried first cider and sarsaparilla today. Both feremented for 4days> and clarified in the refrigerator for 2 days. The sarsaparilla hadan> ok taste and not much carbonation. The bottle was hard when I putit in> the refrigerator; it wasn't as hard coming out. I have a few other> bottles still fermenting (carbonating) with regular caps on. I> refrigerated one after 6 days and the other, I'm letting go a little> longer. We'll see what happens.>> The cider had only 2% alcohol after 4 days fermenting and I let itsit> in the hydrometer for at least 10 minutes and spun the hydrometer.It> had a nice taste and good carbonation. I put 1 tablespoon ofcinnamon> and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg in each bottle. A lot of the spices were> floating on top of the bottle and had to be strained out. I am> wondering if the spices would have impeded fermentation? I will try> about a teaspoon of cinnamon and an 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg nexttime.> Should I cook the spices in or can I just add them to the bottle?Will> cooking the spices in keep them dissolved? Also, the cider seems abit> thick. Is this because it can ferment more? If I use a a regularsize> can of concentrate instead of the large, will it make it seem less> thick? If I use the smaller can, will I have to add more sugar to> increase alcohol levels? I like bottled ciders like Woodpecker and> Baumers. Should the ciders end up similar to those or are they> drastically different?>> The stout appears to be coming along nicely. Some foam (not much)came> out the hole in the e-z caps on the first day. I did use a whole> package of ale yeast between 2 2-liter bottles. There is a goodamount> of sediment (1/2 an inch) on the bottom of each bottle. Mostlyfrom the> malt, I believe.>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "Willum" wrote:> >> > Cool! It sounds like you've jumped in with both feet and arehaving> > fun with it. I suggest making notes by keeping a little brewing> > log. That way if youshould come up with the "Ultimate Brew", youcan> > recreate it. Also, if you come up with something excedingly nasty,> > you'll have something to teach you how to avoid repeating your> > mistakes.> >> > Enjoy!> >> > Willum - Who needs to bottle a little hard pink lemonaid tonight!> >> >> > --- InORGINAL POSTER: willum