EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Making Beer & Using Soda Extract
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Try sweetening the White Grape Peach juice with about 1/2 cane sugarand 1/2 brown sugar. Yum!Rev. Willumhttp://360.yahoo.com/mikemojc--- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "eezzcap" wrote:>>> I just started a batch of welch's white grape-peach concentrate. Iused> 11.5oz cans this time. I added 1 cup of sugar and about 4 cans of> water to bring it up to 90% full in each bottle. The initialpotential> alcohol by volume reading was 9.5%. I plan on letting theseferment as> long as possible to try to get a champagne type drink. I tasted the> juice that I put in my hydrometer and it was delicious.>> I checked the files section and each file states to use a large canof> juice concentrate. Does this refer to the 12oz can? The 12oz (or> 11.5oz) can seems to be the standard size and a 16oz is the largersize> in my supermarket.>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "Willum" wrote:> >> > Most recipes for EZ caps are written with a 12 Oz juiceconcentrate> > and a 2 liter bottle in mind. Check in the files section of the> > Yahoo group. A bigger can of concentrate would very likely be a> > little "too thick". I will frequently mix one 12 oz can of> > concentrate with 3 1/2 cans of water just so it balances out alittle> > lighter. You can add a little plain water to your fermented drinkto> > thin it down a bit, just like you can add a little sugar tosweeten> > it to taste.> >> >> > --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "eezzcap" eezzcap@ wrote:> > >> > >> > > Tried first cider and sarsaparilla today. Both feremented for 4> > days> > > and clarified in the refrigerator for 2 days. The sarsaparillahad> > an> > > ok taste and not much carbonation. The bottle was hard when Iput> > it in> > > the refrigerator; it wasn't as hard coming out. I have a fewother> > > bottles still fermenting (carbonating) with regular caps on. I> > > refrigerated one after 6 days and the other, I'm letting go alittle> > > longer. We'll see what happens.> > >> > > The cider had only 2% alcohol after 4 days fermenting and I letit> > sit> > > in the hydrometer for at least 10 minutes and spun thehydrometer.> > It> > > had a nice taste and good carbonation. I put 1 tablespoon of> > cinnamon> > > and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg in each bottle. A lot of the spiceswere> > > floating on top of the bottle and had to be strained out. I am> > > wondering if the spices would have impeded fermentation? I willtry> > > about a teaspoon of cinnamon and an 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg next> > time.ORGINAL POSTER: willum