EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: Forgot to mix sugar!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, I am not affilliated with the e-z caps company. (I don't wantyou to blame them if you don't like my advice). I just picked an ezscreen name that I would be able to remember when I was firstconsidering purchasing the e-z caps.If you think your wines were too sweet, then use less sugar. There areseveral ways to release the carbonation that I have read through on thisboard. You can try to search for it or just scan through all of themessages. There are not really all that many. I have done that acouple of times just to see what info was here and now I can search forany info that I want to re-read. I believe that I remeber hearingadding a little sugar at the end will release carbonation (but cause alot of fizz and add more sweetness which you don't want). You can shakethe bottle and let the e-z cap release the excess gas slowly (or slowlyopen the cap partially being extremely careful). Or you can open yourbottles once or twice daily. Or secure a balloon with a pin hole pokedin it over your bottle instead of the easy cap because all pressure willbe released and the wine won't carbonate in the first place. Last, buya rubber stopper and airlock from your local brewshop or an olnline brewshop that will fit in the bottle that you are using.I know that the airlock deffinately works (I am not sure how well arubber stopper will stay in a plastic bottle, but will work in gallonglass jugs) and that the balloon works if secured on correctly withrubber bands (the end should be secured and you want the balloon to beable to inflate). I don't know how well the other methods work but Ihave read that they do. I like to make carbonated cider, champagne andbeer so I have not tried to make uncarbonated wine myself.--- "Rachel" wrote:>> ------ In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "eezzcap" eezzcap@ wrote:> If you haven't used up all of the sugars, it will slowy> carbonate again in the refrigerator--------.>> I have a problem with the first and only two wines I made. I followed> the recipe to the letter but the two I made (both red and white) are> very sweet and still carbonated; although both have been in the fridge> for the past two weeks. Should I have let them ferment longer? What> should I do to use up all the sugar? Well, it taste very good even> if a little too sweet.!!!>> TIA> Rachel (from Va Bch now in Naples Italy)>ORGINAL POSTER: eezzcap