EZ Caps

Full Version: RE: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Gunk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Putting it in the fridge DOES stop fermentation. I'll qualify that by sayingif you have a drink that isn't fully fermented it WILL resume fermentationafter returning to room temperature.The reason you are still getting "gunk" is it's not "clear", yet.Rack it again, put it back in the fridge.I imagine most EZ cap users drink it well before it's totally clear. And itwon't hurt you one bit to do so. Heck, might even be good for you accordingto some studies. Since EZ caps advertises drinkable "wine" in 2 weeks orsomething similar they are drinking something with a lot of "Gunk" in.If you want the best tasting drink you can get, keep racking every week aslong as you are getting that "gunk" in the bottom in appreciable amounts.There are ways to stop fermentation completely, but If you are using EZ capsyou are looking for a cheap drink, period. Even the worst EZ caps drink I'vemade was much better than the cheap stuff available for purchase. Justrealize you aren't going to win any awards with it and you'll be happy.-----Original Message-----From: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com [mailto:E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com] On BehalfOf ozzy60107Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:00 AMTo: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.comSubject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: GunkHow do i stop it again?How do you finish off yours?Anyone please reply with your system of doing this.--- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "Willum" wrote:>> It will make gunk as long as there is live yeast and sugaravailable.> Cooling doesnt stop the fermentation, just slows it down a wholelot.>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "ozzy60107" wrote:> >> > I put the finished brew in the frige 2 days then raked to another> > bottle,but i still get gunk settling on the bottom.> > Should i be doing something else?> >>Yahoo! Groups LinksORGINAL POSTER: justforfun69