EZ Caps

Full Version: RE: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Gunk
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what do you mean by keep racking it every week?what/how do you filter out the precipitate?--- Justforfun69 wrote:> Putting it in the fridge DOES stop fermentation. I'll qualify that by saying> if you have a drink that isn't fully fermented it WILL resume fermentation> after returning to room temperature.>> The reason you are still getting "gunk" is it's not "clear", yet.>> Rack it again, put it back in the fridge.>> I imagine most EZ cap users drink it well before it's totally clear. And it> won't hurt you one bit to do so. Heck, might even be good for you according> to some studies. Since EZ caps advertises drinkable "wine" in 2 weeks or> something similar they are drinking something with a lot of "Gunk" in.>> If you want the best tasting drink you can get, keep racking every week as> long as you are getting that "gunk" in the bottom in appreciable amounts.>> There are ways to stop fermentation completely, but If you are using EZ caps> you are looking for a cheap drink, period. Even the worst EZ caps drink I've> made was much better than the cheap stuff available for purchase. Just> realize you aren't going to win any awards with it and you'll be happy.>>>>> -----Original Message-----> From: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com [mailto:E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf> Of ozzy60107> Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 10:00 AM> To: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com> Subject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Gunk>> How do i stop it again?> How do you finish off yours?> Anyone please reply with your system of doing this.>>>>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "Willum" wrote:> >> > It will make gunk as long as there is live yeast and sugar> available.> > Cooling doesnt stop the fermentation, just slows it down a whole> lot.> >> > --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "ozzy60107" wrote:> > >> > > I put the finished brew in the frige 2 days then raked to another> > > bottle,but i still get gunk settling on the bottom.> > > Should i be doing something else?> > >> >>>>>>>> Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>>________________________________________________________________________________\____Sponsored LinkRates near 39yr lows. $420,ORGINAL POSTER: kevin