EZ Caps

Full Version: Krupnik
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this is brewed,but a favorit winter drink of mine.This is a good base recipe i found online.Most use vodka instead of grain and lemon not orange but if you arelike my you will mess with the recipe anyhow.Krupnik(Hot Mead)1 cup honey1 cup water3 or 4 whole cloves6 sticks cinnamonsmall piece nutmeg (or 1/4 tsp fresh ground)3 inch piece vanilla bean1/2 inch strip orange rind2 cups grain alcohol1 large dose of common sense*Bring honey and water to a boil and carefully remove all scum.Add cloves, sinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla bean, and orange rind.Allow to boil up again. Remove from heat and let stand a minute ortwo - then again bring to a boil.Cover and set aside for at least half an hour to steep (a few hoursis even better).Strain. Again bring to a boil.Pour in the alcohol, stir well.Serve piping hot.Serving suggestions: 1 serving is no more than two ounces. Serve incordial glasses.*Caution: This is an extremely potent drink. It tastes great, butdo yourself and your guests a favor and don't serve it if peoplewill have to drive afterward.Comment: This has a wonderful flavor and aftertaste. It is veryeasy to have too much. Prepare in the morning, then let it steepall day before the final reheating.Krupnik is one of the oldest-known drinks in Poland, dating far backinto the Middle Ages. References to it are found in literature, folksongs, and poetry. Drunk in large quantities, it was supposed tofell strong warriors and conquer conquerors.ORGINAL POSTER: ozzy60107