EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: making mead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So no sugar after cooking eveything?----- Original Message ----From: Erik To: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.comSent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:23:36 PMSubject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: making mead--- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroup s.com, ""Willum"" wrote:>> has anyone tried making mead this year with EZ caps?>I've been making mead with EZ caps for a few years now, and my batches have beenturning out great! I've experimented with many types of honey, added fruit juices, andeven herbs and spices to some. In fact I just finished making a mead this morning. As apracticing Heathen, I make most of my meads for ritual use, and this one was made tohonor the goddess Freyja. Here is the receipe:Freyja Mead:- 1 cup of fresh strawberry juice (from blended fresh strawberries, strained).- 1.5 liters of spring water (I used Poland Spring).- Pot sized tea infuser filled with linden flower tea leaves.- 3 cups of basswood (linden flower) honey.- Dash of lemon juice.Directions:- Add strawberryjuice, water, and dash of lemon juice to pot and begin heating. Add thetea infuser to begin brewing the linden flowers to the mix.- Bring to 160 degrees fahrenheit, remove tea infuser and stir in the honey. Keep stirringat 160 degrees for five minutes (this is known as flash pasteurization) .-Remove heat, cover and allow to cool. Afterwards bottle into 2 liter soda bottle, andfollow the EZ caps instructions to add yeast and ferment.I usually ferment my meads for about three weeks, then refigerate to cut off fermentationand settle the yeast the bottom. I then transfer the mead into empty Grolsh beer swing-top bottles and age for at least a year (though the longer the better!).Enjoy,- ErikNever miss an email again!Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives.http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evtI937/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/""> Check it out.ORGINAL POSTER: eric