EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: In regards to making mead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I made some mead with 2liters apple juice, 1cup honey and 1/8teaspoon yeast two weeks ago. Do I need to add more yeast? Therecipe (I got from the group) just said "and yeasties" so I wasn'tsure if the yeast is enough.I poured a little our yesterday and it slightly syrupy, golden incolor and taste like honey and apple juice.The recipe I used says it will take about 6 months to age right so,I'll wait and see.It does look beautiful though.Rachel--- "tjenkins4162" wrote:>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "thebirdny" wrote:> >> > What kind of honey should be used? Raw or processed? Organic or> > commerical? Chunk or creamed?> >> Weel, just got through with a batch last week. It has been in the> reefer for a week or so. How long do you think a mead should beaged?>> I made it with the recipe in the ez caps instructions. Used a local> beekeepers honey purchased directly from him. He said it was a> goldenrod time of the year (last fall?) and it does taste kind ofspicy> or strong by itself, but not a bad taste to me at all.>> To anyone making mead I would recommend the purchase from local> directly as it is really cool to see how they do it, etc. Plus Mr.> McAvoy is a nice guy.>> Gonna let it age for 2-3 more weeks or until someone tells me> differently. Then I will let you know how it turned out. I likemead.>ORGINAL POSTER: rachel