EZ Caps

Full Version: pulpy juices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to turn just about everything I come across into a cider :o)My question is this ... What if you have an opaque/pulpy juice to start with?(i.e. guava juice,orange juice, etc.). Is there a way to tell when the yeast is done gobbling upall the sugar?Can bits of pulp stay in the mix? I happen to like super pulpy orange juice.Is there anything special that needs to be done, being as you really can seethrough it likeapple juice. Do I need to let it ferment a little longer, and how will I knowwhen it's"clarified"?During the fermentation process, can the bottles be disturb, or even shaken? Istarted theHoney Mead as listed in the recipes that came with my EZ Caps, however, thehoney didn'tcompletely incorporate into the apple juice, so now there is some honey that'ssitting at thebottom of the bottom. The yeast is eating it up, but very, very slowly and Ilooks like it mighttake a lot longer than the 2-week guideline in the recipe.Advice is most welcomed! :o)ORGINAL POSTER: plato_hedron