EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: pulpy juices and mead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
THANK YOU!!--- On Fri, 7/18/08, Willum wrote: From: Willum Subject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: pulpy juices and mead To: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 1:24 PM I'll do you one better! Here's a link to my handy-dandy, gee, I wish I could do that, holy cow this is delicious ""how to make Mead"" page: http://mikemojc. byethost12. com/Mead. html --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroup s.com, ""Kevin J. Kauffman"" wrote: > > Will you share your recipe for mead? > > Thank you! > > --- On Tue, 7/15/08, Willum wrote: > > From: Willum > Subject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: pulpy juices and mead > To: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroup s.com > Date: Tuesday, July 15, 2008, 4:13 PM > > > > > > > Yes, yes, maybe, and yes... > > Pulpy juice is fine to brew, but sometimes very acidic juices, like > oranges and lemons, can be tough to get started. You can leave the > pulpy stuff in, that is your choice. Clarification is the process of > letting the suspended stuff fall to the bottom to seperate it off. > You may choose at any time to shake up your juice, I actually > recomend Shaking it up once a day for the first 3-4 days to get a > really active fermentation going. Don't shake it if you want it > to 'clear' in the next 2-3 days. > > I have successfully made Pize Winning mead using EZ Caps, here's a > couple tricks > > 1. Add a little apple or grape juice (1/4 to 1/2 cup) to your honey > water. Honey doesn't have all the extra trace elements (think > vitamins and minerals) that yeast needs to grow healthy and strong. > also, honey is a very complex sugar for the yeast to eat to generate > the alcohol, so expect the honey fermentation to take about 2 to 3 > times as long as fruit juices. Believe me, it's worth the wait! > > Willum Proud > > --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroup s.com, ""plato.hedron"" > wrote: > > > > I want to turn just about everything I come across into a cider :o) > > > > My question is this ... What if you have an opaque/pulpy juice to > start with? (i.e. guava juice, > > orange juice, etc.). Is there a way to tell when the yeast is done > gobbling up all the sugar? > > Can bits of pulp stay in the mix? I happen to like super pulpy > orange juice. > > > > Is there anything special that needs to be done, being as you > really can see through it like > > apple juice. Do I need to let it ferment a little longer, and how > will I know when it's > > ""clarified""? > > > > During the fermentation process, can the bottles be disturb, or > even shaken? I started the > > Honey Mead as listed in the recipes that came with my EZ Caps, > however, the honey didn't > > completely incorporate into the apple juice, so now there is some