EZ Caps

Full Version: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: any recipes for tasteless wine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Also known as dextrose.At 10:35 AM 11/17/2008, you wrote:>You could also try corn sugar. That ferment s fairly neutral, too.>>--- "recchiap" wrote:> >> > --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "Christopher Damien Davis"> > wrote:> > >> > > I know this question may come off as odd but I have heard there>is a> > > way to make tasteless wine from just sugar, anyone have a recipe>that> > > could be used in a 2 liter bottle?> > >> >> > I don't have an exact recipe, but I can tell you that regular table> > sugar will NOT ferment well. I currently have 3 batches of sugar>wine> > going, trying to figure the best way to make it, and regular table> > sugar does not work.> >> > Table sugar is sucrose, which is a disaccharide, which yeast does>not> > eat. The yeast has to generate an enzyme to break it down into two> > monosaccharide's, which has a slightly off flavor. You can use a>candi> > sugar, or a monosaccharide to do this, and it should come out>better,> > but you will still have a slightly cider-y flavor.> >>>>>------------------------------------>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>ORGINAL POSTER: steve