EZ Caps

Full Version: Non-Sparkling?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I want to say great product! I'm hooked on Nano-brewing. I've already tried a ton of juices and beer mixes.

My question (and it might seem stupid): What if I want to drink a non-sparkling wine?

What I come up with everytime is kind of like a strong champagne or sparkling dry red wine.

What's the best way to get rid of the carbonation?
Question #7: I want to try a non-sparkling fermented beverage. Can I do this with EZ Caps?

Answer: Yes. Follow the beverage making instructions but after two days unscrew the EZ Cap most of the way. The juice will ferment, but the CO2 will escape, and the beverage will not be carbonated.
Thanks...must have glossed over that while enjoying the product!
ezcaps Wrote:Question #7: I want to try a non-sparkling fermented beverage. Can I do this with EZ Caps?

Answer: Yes. Follow the beverage making instructions but after two days unscrew the EZ Cap most of the way. The juice will ferment, but the CO2 will escape, and the beverage will not be carbonated.

OK but wont that cause oxidation of the wine by allowing oxygen back into the bottle?
Casketmaker Wrote:
ezcaps Wrote:Question #7: I want to try a non-sparkling fermented beverage. Can I do this with EZ Caps?

OK but wont that cause oxidation of the wine by allowing oxygen back into the bottle?

No, with the co2 venting out the amount of 02 getting in shouldn't effect the taste. By leaving the cap on for two days the die has been cast.