EZ Caps

Full Version: What to do with 38oz bottle of clover honey?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 38 oz bottle of clover honey that I'd like to use either by itself or mix with a fruit juice. Something that can be used in a 2 liter.

Any suggestions?
Mead! Cyser!
ezcaps Wrote:Mead! Cyser!

Exactly. But I was hoping for more information, such as a recipe that could use 38oz and to end up with enough product for 2 liters. Additional sugar, etc?
rastoma Wrote:
ezcaps Wrote:Mead! Cyser!

Exactly. But I was hoping for more information, such as a recipe that could use 38oz and to end up with enough product for 2 liters. Additional sugar, etc?

Have you made mead before or is this a first time endeavor?
Sweet Mead

1 pound of honey
1/3 pound cane sugar (you can also use brown sugar for a little something different) Smile
juice of 1 fresh lemon
1/2 cup apple juice (no preservatives, juice made from concentrate works well)
Warm water to bring total volume up to about 1.75~1.8 liters
Your yeast of choice - high tolerance yeasts like Champagne yeast works well
for any EZ cap recipe, I use just enough yeast to completely cover the inside of the EZ cap

Honey can be a little tough to ferment, so adding the cane sugar, lemon and apple juice adds to the flavor as well as acting as a yeast nutrient to get the fermentation started. Expect mead to take about 2~2.5x as long as fruit juice to ferment, then refrigerate.

Once the mead is done, you can add fruits and/or spices or extracts if you are so inclined. Enjoy!
Cinnamon /clove is delicious
Strawberry/chocolate would be great for valentine's day coming up!