EZ Caps

Full Version: Bottling & storage questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everything I have read about E-Z caps stresses that the finished product needs to be stored in refrigerator. I will be making mead/wine/cider for now but was wondering for wine, if I were to choose to use campden and potassium sorbate would I be able to traditionally bottle in glass, cork and store at room temperature? For mead and/or cider, would that concept also apply but bottle in PET bottles (which are appropriate for carbonated products and come in a variety of sizes)?? Thanks!
saramc Wrote:Everything I have read about E-Z caps stresses that the finished product needs to be stored in refrigerator. I will be making mead/wine/cider for now but was wondering for wine, if I were to choose to use campden and potassium sorbate would I be able to traditionally bottle in glass, cork and store at room temperature? For mead and/or cider, would that concept also apply but bottle in PET bottles (which are appropriate for carbonated products and come in a variety of sizes)?? Thanks!

Yes, if you kill the yeast the beverage no longer needs to be refrigerated. The same holds true if the yeast dies of natural causes (alcohol level gets too high).