EZ Caps

Full Version: My Wine Exploits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well as I posted in the cider posts, I have a batch of strawberry rhubarb wine. I recently put it in the fridge to begin clarifying. The recipe, as well as I can remember it, includes .7 liters of rhubarb juice (homemade) and .7 liters of strawberry juice $store bought fruit then juices at home). Mixed into the batch is white sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, and a bit of honey. I am not planning on aging this batch. Keeping it sparkling for a party at a friends. But if its good as when I tasted it, I will be making another, more recorded batch. This one will be racked, bottled, Corker, and aged.
Again, any thoughts or constructive criticism is much appreciated!
Well I clarified and bottled it up. Had to mix in more sugar and some spices to make the taste what I wanted. Now gives a very nice rhubarb cinnamon hint. Friends described their like of it as "a really good cheap some". I'm aging a good bit of it till my birthday in June. Very happy with how it turned out. Drank what didn't for in the bottles over some cigars with a friend just back from marine training in cali.
Maybe I'll call it hoorah rhubarb reserve... Lol