EZ Caps

Full Version: Banana hard wine ??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again!

In less than 1 month I have a party and a friend of mine wants a banana + cinnamon hard wine. Bizzarre! I know! but I'll try it.

My plan is to use one liter of Banana nectar. In Spain Nectar is a not-100% juice, I don't know if this word is used in other Countries.

Cinnamon, a little bit of clove and nutmeg.

Sugar, something like 100g (per 1 liter)

Yeast

And let it ferment, measure the initial density, and measure it every 2 or 3 days, if it seems it stops before the 17% add more sugar.

I'm not comfortable bottling this small bomb, I'm pretty sure it could explode if the alcohol % is below the yeast capabilities.
I suppose I will keep it in plastic bottle with the EZ cap during these 3 weeks, filter and clarify it the last days.

any comments, suggestions?
After few days I've addes 100g more of sugar and 10 extra grams of cinnamon.

The result is HORRIBLE!!!!I did it for a friend, and I hope he will be brave enough to drink at least a shot of this beberage! puagh!

NOw is bottled on a 0.5l bottle waiting for next Friday party Smile
ultraputa Wrote:After few days I've addes 100g more of sugar and 10 extra grams of cinnamon.

The result is HORRIBLE!!!!I did it for a friend, and I hope he will be brave enough to drink at least a shot of this beberage! puagh!

NOw is bottled on a 0.5l bottle waiting for next Friday party Smile

Horrible in what way?

I often thought about a banana wine, but bananas don't seem to have any juice. If you try to juice them you just get a thick syrupy slop.
all ways Sad

Too much alcohol
Too much spice flavour (nutmeg and clove)
No banana flavour

it was a test for a friend... 200g of sugar on a 1 liter batch... what could you expect Smile