Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My E-Z Caps Brewing
I just wanted to lend my idea on how I brew and rack that works really well.While a bit moreexpensive it works really well.For my container I went to wally world and bought a 2 gallon clear watercontainer with apour spout on the front.I put 4 cans of welch's concord grape in it along with 14 containers ofwater. What I do isreserve about 7 cans of water out and mix in 4 cups of sugar in that then addit. It getstough to mix in the container. Add 1 tsp yeast and place on a heating pad on lowsetting. Itstarts to bubble in less and 4 hours.Where the lid goes on top I put a piece of plastic wrap with a little slitin it about 3/4 ofan inch. A pin hole for that amount makes it slightly carbonated.The great thing is that the container already has a spout that is higherthan the sludge soracking is very easy. The sediment settles in the two indentations in thebottle. It fits decentin my fridge. So when it's clear enough for me I drain it off and that's it.Anyway, I have been making wine like this for many years and never had aproblem yet.Hope this helps someone out.XrayORGINAL POSTER: xray4545