Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] Looking for best price for blackberry juice
2-3 pounds of berries(depending on how much body you want... I use 3) per 2 liters.At 06:43 AM 5/1/2009, you wrote: I'm in the south (TN) but I can't find any wild blackberry bushes, well ones that have berries. Everyone who knows about it too always gets there first. How many blackberries do you need for a 2 liter batch of wine? --- On Fri, 5/1/09, Steve wrote: From: Steve Subject: Re: [E-Z-Caps] Looking for best price for blackberry juice To: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com Date: Friday, May 1, 2009, 9:03 AM Odwalla has it (odwalla.com, search to find merchants) Also, I have made EZ Caps wine using fresh picked berries. In many parts of the USA wild blackberries grow on the side of the road. I put the berries through a juicer. Then I strained the juice through pantyhose. Then bring gently to a boil add sugar (amount depends on how sweet the berries are naturally) and simmer for 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before trying to pitch the yeast. I've done this with fresh picked raspberries and also salmonberries. The wine was OUTSTANDING. At 10:42 PM 4/30/2009, you wrote: >Anyone know of sources for blackberry juice? Just 100% juice not a cocktail. > > > >----------- --------- --------- ------- > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > >ORGINAL POSTER: steve