Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: What size is the LARGE can of Welche''s juice?
On the 'Easy Red (and white) Wine'Tongueour 1 thawed large can frozen grape juice concentrate into a plastic 2 litersoda bottle. If you can't find the big can, you can use thenormal size and reduce water to 80%.I see what you are saying now. It's confusing the way the above is worded liketo only use 80% of the amount of water that you would normally use to make aregular batch of grape juice.Then afterwards in the same recipe it says to finish filling bottle to 90% fullwith luke-warm water.--- Steve wrote:>> At 10:07 PM 6/22/2009, you wrote:> >So make it according to the can like you're making just regular> >grape juice? Why do the EZ Caps instructions say to 80% of the> >required water when using the smaller can? I always thought the> >intention was to have a more 'concentrated' grape juice to start> >with, since the instructions say to use 80% of the water.> >>> What instructions are you referring to? I just looked at the> instructions that come with the kit and it doesn't say anything like> that. When you are filling up your 2 liter bottle only fill the> BOTTLE 80-90% full. The empty space "head room" is necessary to> prevent foam from coming out of the top during a violent fermentation.>ORGINAL POSTER: robin