Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] Beer directions clarification
If using liquid malt extract syrup (LME) for a 5 gallonrecipe, use 1/5 (1/4 will work too if it's easier to measure, youdon't have to be exact) of the LME per two, 2-liter bottles. Add itto 4 hot liters of water in a pot and simmer it for 20 minutes. Letit cool until it is room temperature and then pour it into thebottles. (use a funnel). Then add the yeast and put on the EZCaps. Let it sit at room temperature for 2 weeks. Then put it inthe fridge for 2 days. You can pour the beer straight from thebottle into your glass. Pour slowly as to not disturb the sedimenton the bottom too badly. It makes excellent beer and there are noadditional bottling steps.At 06:40 PM 10/20/2009, you wrote:>I want to make beer with the caps but I don't understand, on the>instructions it says what to do for beer but then says follow the>rest of the cider instructions. Does this mean after a week I add a>cup of table sugar,more yeast and put it somewhere warm for 3 to>10 days? The adding yeast twice and adding sugar to it does not sound right.>Cliff>>>>------------------------------------>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>ORGINAL POSTER: steve