Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Beer directions clarification
Do you still have to add priming sugar like you do when you bottle traditionallymade beer?--- Steve wrote:>> If using liquid malt extract syrup (LME) for a 5 gallon> recipe, use 1/5 (1/4 will work too if it's easier to measure, you> don't have to be exact) of the LME per two, 2-liter bottles. Add it> to 4 hot liters of water in a pot and simmer it for 20 minutes. Let> it cool until it is room temperature and then pour it into the> bottles. (use a funnel). Then add the yeast and put on the EZ> Caps. Let it sit at room temperature for 2 weeks. Then put it in> the fridge for 2 days. You can pour the beer straight from the> bottle into your glass. Pour slowly as to not disturb the sediment> on the bottom too badly. It makes excellent beer and there are no> additional bottling steps.>>> At 06:40 PM 10/20/2009, you wrote:> >I want to make beer with the caps but I don't understand, on the> >instructions it says what to do for beer but then says follow the> >rest of the cider instructions. Does this mean after a week I add a> >cup of table sugar,more yeast and put it somewhere warm for 3 to> >10 days? The adding yeast twice and adding sugar to it does not sound right.> >Cliff> >> >> >> >------------------------------------> >> >Yahoo! Groups Links> >> >> >>ORGINAL POSTER: camerabrain