Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] using fresh fruit
You didn't add any additional water? With 100% juice and then concentrated from the boiling would make it very thick and syrupy wouldn't it?--- On Tue, 1/12/10, Steve wrote: From: Steve Subject: Re: [E-Z-Caps] using fresh fruit To: E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com Date: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 9:44 AM I EZ capped raspberry wine made from fresh raspberries that I picked as follows: I put all the raspberries through a juicer. Then I strained the resulting juice (tends to be pulpy) through pantyhose. Then I brought the mixture to boil and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Then I let it cool to room temperature, added a cup of sugar, and EZ capped it. I let it ferment for two weeks then put it in the fridge for a week. It was totally awesome. I only wish that I had more of it. At 06:28 PM 1/11/2010, you wrote: >I just started a batch of cranberry wine. I used the regular >recipe, but substituted about 1/2 cup of real cranberries( for 1/2 >cup juice) which were done in a food processor. I know I will need >to strain it out of the finished product, but thought it might add >more cranberry taste. Has anyone tried this with any fruit? > > > >----------- --------- --------- ------- > >Yahoo! Groups Links > > >ORGINAL POSTER: robin