Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making cider
just curious how do the rest of you make cider ?
cidermaker Wrote:just curious how do the rest of you make cider ?

My favorite way is to use double-strength apple juice concentrate and 1 cup of sugar.
ezcaps Wrote:

My favorite way is to use double-strength apple juice concentrate and 1 cup of sugar.

Do you mean you use only half of the amount of water as recommended on the can? Thanx
smokediverxxx Wrote:
ezcaps Wrote:

Do you mean you use only half of the amount of water as recommended on the can? Thanx

For two liters, use 2 cans of apple juice instead of one. Fill the 2 liter bottle (leaving head room) the rest of the way with water.
hi are u guys talking about the stuff u mix with water and drink ur just normal apple juice and i can only get 1 liter cattons of the juice how much water do i need
bosley Wrote:hi are u guys talking about the stuff u mix with water and drink ur just normal apple juice and i can only get 1 liter cattons of the juice how much water do i need

The thread was talking about the concentrate you mix with water. If using juice, do not mix with water.
what the jueice u mix with water and drink like pop is that what you guys are fementing
bosley Wrote:what the jueice u mix with water and drink like pop is that what you guys are fementing

100% apple juice.
I know it's been some time since the last post but...
I've been making cider with pressed apple juice, 1/2 a can of frozen apple concentrate, 1/4 cup of honey, and 1 cup sugar.
Been thinking of using dry wine yeast and brewers yeast, but haven't ever actually added the brewers yeast because I recycle my previous yeast up to 3-4 times.