Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy wine recipe
rooster Wrote:I used two small welches grape juice cans, two cups of sugar, 1/8 tsp. yeast. I let it ferment 10 days and then placed in fridge for a couple days. Straining......what a b------ !!!! I used cheesecloth and then a coffee filter. This stuff is so hyper-concentrated grape SWEET and with so little if any alcohol content, I feel like a fool. If it seems too good to be true.....................This is not my first failure, I've had similar horrible results with several other batches. I'm a photography teacher and know well about mixing chemicals and close tolerances. No offense intended but is this as good as this stuff gets and are all you people used to drinking MD-2020 or am I doing something wrong ?

First why are you trying to strain it? You can't clarify a wine by straining it. You need to rack it if you're concerned about sediment.

Second, you should sample the batch to see if it's to your liking or not before trying to clarify it. If it's too sweet, let it ferment a couple more days and check again.
Robin

Messages In This Thread