Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easy / Awesome dark beer!
leilui0419 Wrote:
ezcaps Wrote:When I made this recipe before, since it was a test recipe I only made 2 liters. I just made it again, a full gallon. This time I'm going to try to inject nitrogen into the beer for a "true" Guiness style complete with creamy head using a seltzer bottle with a nitrogen charger in place of the co2. I'll let you know how that turns out in just over a week when the nano brew is ready. I'm really excited to find out.

Hi, I just made this recipe and thought it turned out pretty tasty. How did it go injecting nitrogen into the beer? I'd like to make it again, but prefer it to have some fizz. Any suggestions are appreciated. Smile Thanks!

I used a 1 liter seltzer bottle with a nitrous oxide cartridge. Upon dispensing, it made a huge mess, big foam everywhere. Once it settled the beer was awesome. It obviously needs some work on the technical side because the natural occuring carbonation of the beer mixed with the nitrous oxide was too much gas. Next time I'm going to try to bleed it off, maybe by inverting the bottle and then letting some gas out.

I have another idea, but it involves a new product I'm testing for sale. Details forthcoming....

Messages In This Thread