Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer kits now for sale on eBay !
dopplebock Wrote:man, your lbs is hosing you badly on price! i'm guessing it's because it's alaska! you're paying more than double for what i pay for yeast. as for dme, even MUNTON'S DARK DME-3Lbs shouldn't be over $13.99, at least in the lower states! if this beer kit thing takes off, you'd do better to purchase large amounts on the web and have it shipped to you.

but i've been thinking: (again)

selling 2 liter or one gallon kits is not going to be cost effective, imho. you'll lose at least 8 oz when transferring a gallon, that leaves 120 oz or ten 12 oz. beers. flat rate shipping alone cost about what a quality microbrew beer cost per 6 pack. i think your best bet would be 5 gallon kits.

anyway, i hope it works out.

You are correct that our homebrew store charges too much- they are the only store within 900 miles so it's not like there is any competition. Fortunately we get our supplies wholesale direct.

Selling any kind of beer kit on the internet is never going to be cost effective compared to going into a store and buying the supplies (or for that matter, just buying the beer already made) because the ingredients weigh so much and shipping is the concern. Our 6-gallon kit weighs over 12 pounds.

p.s. our smallest kit makes two gallons. The one-gallon test kits were a one-timer. 2-6 gallons have the same shipping price of $10.70.

Messages In This Thread