Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie sharing my winemaking experimentation
I have read alot of info from this forum so thought I would share...

5th day of primary fermentation...

1Gallon jug with 2 11.5 oz cans of Welches White/Peach frozen concentrate juice, 4 slices of canned peaches, 24 OZ. of sugar, 2 TBS. of the syrup from the canned peaches, 5 Grams of a white wine yeast. Did not boil the water but did activate the yeast. Shook and mixed a few mins. This was the best start of the batch ....started fast and fermenting like crazy with foam and constant bubbles, I topped off with a little water today on the 5th day. Nice wine aroma.

1 64 OZ bottle with 4 bags of Liptons tea, 1 Chamomile, 1 Green, 12 OZ. sugar, 2 TBS. of the syrup from the canned peaches, 2.5 Grams of a white wine yeast. Did not boil the water but did activate the yeast. Shook and mixed a few mins. Second best start and fermenting well. 0 foam, constant bubbles. I topped off with a little water today on the 5th day. Hard Tea aroma. Odd color.

2 64 OZ bottles, 1 each with 1 11.5 Generic can of grape cocncentrate, 2 slices of canned peaches, 1 tablespoon from syrup of canned peaches, 12 OZ. of sugar each., 2.5 grams of white wine yeast. Did not boil the water but did activate the yeast. Shook and mixed a few mins. Slow start and finally constant bubble, 0 foam. Nice grape aroma.

1 64 OZ bottle, Mixed in I liter worth of generic Tropical punch mix, 4 slices of canned peaches, 2 TBS of syrup, 10 OZ. of sugar. 2.5 grams of white wine yeast. Did not boil the water but did activate the yeast. Shook and mixed a few mins. Very, very slow start. Shook on day 3. Day 5 it is finally showing bubbles. 0 foam. Weak Tropical punch aroma, not detecting any alcohol aroma.

Sorry not very technical. This is my first batch ever and will update when I taste test Smile Great way to clean out the pantry. Constant temp 72 - 74 under clean sanitzed kitchen sink.

Messages In This Thread