Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mead exploits
For the sake of the mere fact that my posts look like crap I'm making a fancy looking one that is easy to follow.

Brady Blueberry Mead
List of Ingredients:
  • 1. 1 lbs. Local Honey (I'm from Nebraska, so I went with Jackson Hill)
    2. 2/3 Cup Sugar
    3. About Two Servings of Frozen* Blueberries (Went with Sunnyridge from Florida)
    4. 1 tsp All Natural Vanilla
    5. Water
    6. 2L Bottle, Pan, EzCap Wine Yeast, Small Pitcher

Now here's what I did. The very first thing I did was fill the pot with water, heated it on the stove, and put the honey in it. Warms the the honey, makes it flow nice and smooth. While its warming, in the small pitcher I mixed the some water, vanilla, and brown sugar together and mixed until blended. When that was completed, the honey went into this as well (all of it). After stirring until blended (time may vary depending on honey), I CAREFULLY poured it all into the two liter bottle.
At this point I took the blueberries out of the freezer and began to put them into the two liter bottle, an annoying and long process as you can only do one at a time. After I had about half a box, which I guessed to be two servings ish, it all depends on how much you want to put in, I added in the Wine Yeast. Closing of the lid, I aerated it for a minute, then removed lid and put on the EzCap lid.

Now I did this for two different kinds of blueberries, my personal favorite being the Sunnyridge, and for comparisons sake, I used he frozen blueberries from Hyvee, you know, the kind that come in the bag. I'll work on getting pictures up!
Jab of Brady Brews

Messages In This Thread