Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My mead exploits
I just got into meade making myself (cause I married a viking), and my EZCaps arrived today (hooray). I love your idea for chamomile tea in your meade...I'm growing fresh chamomile this year, as well as lavender, and you've got me thinking of adding in some fresh clippings into a batch or two...we'll see how that turns out once they are in bloom.

I currently have 3 batches going...a 2liter with clementine slices and peel, a 2liter with apple peels, a cinnamon stick, and one whole allspice...and my first batch, a one gallon carboy with an airlock, has a couple peach slices, some blueberries (idea from your post), and lemon zest. Really looking forward to tasting them.

I haven't added any extra sugar to the batches, just the honey, purified water, the fruit additives, and yeast. wondering if these will be too dry now, but guess we'll see in a few weeks.

Looking for other ideas for a 'manly brew' because my viking hubby is all man, and isn't interested in frilly foo-foo drinks, as he lovingly describes them.

Messages In This Thread