Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Hard Lemonade Experiment
After about four days the Lemonade hasn't started fermenting reallywell yet. I just put some orange juice concentrate in it last nightand it feels a little bit more pressurized this morning. Weird. Ifit doesn't get better by tomorrow I will put another dose of yeastin it and see what happens. Just giving an update, any ideas on howto speed it up I would appreciate though--- "shaggy_64a" wrote:> Well, I've noticed alot of questions on making a hard lemonade, soI> took the recipe from the Files section and modified it a little> bit. I used about 4 and a quarter cups of sugar, 5 large juicy> lemons, and 1/4 tsp of yeast (I want it kinda strong (: ). Therest> of the recipe I followed except I didn't boil the water, I onlygot> it pretty warm. I squeezed all the juice out of the lemon slices> and put them back in for about 15 mins then squeezed some more and> raked the pulp off with my hands. I put it in yesterday about 3> pm. I checked it about 5 and the bottle isn't quite as hard asthe> twister juice was after 24 hrs, but I can tell the bottle isgetting> tighter. I'm gunna leave it for about 6 days then clarify to> taste. The lemonade was good before I added yeast. I'm gunnataste> it tomorrow and I'll update you guys then.ORGINAL POSTER: shaggy_64a