Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] ANY GOOD RECIPES OUT THERE???
--- chubbymonkey18 wrote:> Hi, i just ordered my ex caps, and i was wodnering> if anyone has any> good recipes out there that they would like to> share? THANKS in> advance!!!>> KrystleI just started my first few batches on Sunday fromingredients I had lying about the kitchen. For thefirst bottle I used a jar of RW Knudsen's cherryjuice, a cup of sugar (I'm aiming for a high alcoholcontent), a little bottled water, and yeast accordingto the EZ Cap instructions. Knudsen's is pure,concentrated organic juice, and they always have abunch of flavors in the health food section at mylocal grocery store, so I figured it might be a safebet for a must. The next batch, I used some frozenWelch's grape and apple juice concentrate (same amountof sugar/water/yeast), the next some frozen strawberryjuice concentrate (I checked to make sure there wasn'tany sodium benzoate preservatives in the mixes), andthe last batch I mixed up on a whim from a frozenBacardi's peach daiquiri mixer that's been in myfreezer for a while. The Bacardi was basically purejuice, fruit, and sugar, and it began fermenting soquickly that I could almost watch the yeast makingalcohol. It all goes in the fridge tomorrow, so I'llpost to let you know how it turns out in another weekor so. I'm planning on sharing them with some friendsin ROTC, who despite their taste for drinkinganti-freeze, might make some decent critics. SmileThe thing I love about these caps is that they're sucha small investment; one two liter bottle's worth ofingredients is something I'm willing to sacrifice foran experimental wine or mead or beer. Normally you'dhave a lot more equipment and ingredients to use inorder to just try something out to see if it works, sowith these I can just play around and discover somenew recipes. There are a bunch of typical wine recipesin the Files section; most of these seem easilyadaptable to the EZ Caps.Amber=====If it's good for ancient Druids, runnin' nekkid through the wuids, drinkin'strange fermented fluids, then it's good enough for me." -- Pete Seeger__________________________________Do you Yahoo!?Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25¢http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splashORGINAL POSTER: amber