Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: My first Ale is in my closet
When you refrigerate the beverage, all the sediment will fall tothe bottom. So long as you don't let the beverage "glug" out of thebottle, you can pour the drink without disturbing it.At 09:49 AM 4/16/2004 -0700, you wrote:>--- "ramjammn"> wrote:> > One thing that concerns me is all> > the debris on the bottom of each bottle. I will keep> > you all posted on results.>>I'm fermenting my first few batches of wine with the>caps now, and I've got some sediment problems, too. A>couple of the wines have about a half inch of>sendiment at the top, and the others are accumulating>it at the bottom. I'm considering straining the wine>through cheescloth into new bottles before>refrigerating them, to get rid of the sediment. Does>anyone here see any problems with this method? Will it>affect the taste somehow?>>Thanks!>>Amber>>===>If you want to be happy for a day, roast a pig. If you want to be happy>for a year, marry. If you want to be happy for a lifetime, plant a garden.>-- Old Chinese Proverb>>>>>__________________________________>Do you Yahoo!?>Yahoo! Tax Center - File online by April 15th>http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html>>>>>Yahoo! Groups Links>>>>ORGINAL POSTER: steve