Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Hard Lemonade Experiment
I haven't thought of doing that, and I just put another dose ofyeast in being impatient like I always am. If I don't get anyresults my way do you think it would hurt the lemonade to puta "starter" in plus the 2 double doses of yeast? I don't wannawaste all my yeast, I know it's kinda reuseable, but I don't want itto take off and be really strong. One more question, how longshould I let it clarify to "reclaim" the most yeast from the mix?--- Steve wrote:> If you are interested in speeding up the process without> using all your yeast I recommend that you make a yeast "starter"by adding a> dose or two of yeast to a 1/4 cup of tepid water with 1 or tsp ofsugar.> Let that sit for an hour before adding to the EZ Caps yeast. Theyeast will> multiply a few (million?) times, giving you a good head start.> It's also a good technique to use for beginning difficultfermentations like> citrus juices.>>>>> At 12:51 PM 4/17/2004 +0000, you wrote:> >After about four days the Lemonade hasn't started fermentingreally> >well yet. I just put some orange juice concentrate in it lastnight> >and it feels a little bit more pressurized this morning. Weird.If> >it doesn't get better by tomorrow I will put another dose of yeast> >in it and see what happens. Just giving an update, any ideas onhow> >to speed it up I would appreciate thoughORGINAL POSTER: shaggy_64a