Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Carbonation???
--- "chubbymonkey18" wrote:> Hi, I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. My questionis> will the finished product keep its carbonation after I transfer itto> another bottle? And if so, should i use a capper or will twistoffs> be okay? And if not what can i do to keep the carbonation? Andalso> how long will the beverage stay carbonated? Thanks>> KrystleI transfer my beverages to 22oz glass beer bottles. I don'tsiphon the drink because siphoning tends to turbulate thedrink and causes it to foam. When it foams you lose carbonation.I transfer the same way you pour a beer with yeast sediment onthe bottom. I hold the glass bottle in my left hand and tiltit until it is about 20 to 30 deg. I do the same while holdingthe 2L bottle of beverage in my right hand. You may need a secondset of hands if you don't think you could hold the heavy 2L bottle.I then very slowly pur the beverage into the glass bottle. graduallyincreasing the angle of the bottle as it is being filled. If you doit right the bottle will have no (or very little)foam in it. Do notreturn your 2L bottle to the vertical position. keep it tilted theway it was after filling your first bottle. Grab your next bottle andfill it the same way. A second person could then cap your bottlesright away. I have drank them days later and they are still verycarbonated. I have tried this with 12oz bottles but they seem tonot be as carbonated as the 22oz bottles. This transfer method doescause you to slightly dribble down the side of the glass bottle. Ihave got a lot better at pouring though. I may lose a couple of ouncestransfering a 2L bottle. Sometimes not even that much. I bottle justone 22oz bottle from every batch. I bottle the first pour as it hasthe least amount of sediment. Plus, it has the most carbonation. Youknow what happens the rest of the bottle? It's called enjoying thefruits of your labor. Hope this helps.ORGINAL POSTER: ramjammn