Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Filter and Recipes
--- "BJ" wrote:>> I am new to using EZCaps and have just started my first batch of> hard cider. I have about 3-4 days of fermenting left and can't wait> to see the end result.>> I have noticed a sediment on the bottom of the bottle and read in> the instructions to carefully pour the clarfied beverage out to> avoid getting any sediment into the final product. Does anyone know> of anything I can use as a fliter to catch any sediment that might> make its way out when pouring?>> Also, does anyone have any good recipes I can try? I am looking for> anything from wine to beer to ciders. Thanks.BJ,I recently started also, and I have found that a good 24hrsclarifying in the fridge and transfer to another container, thenrepeat the process until the sediment is negligable, is the bestbet. My cider is almost as clear as the apple juice I startedwith.. Good luck!AdamP.S.I also am looking for good (& easy) beer recipes, so if anyonereading this has any or a link to some, we would be very appreciative!ORGINAL POSTER: adamtheestimator