Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Filter and Recipes
Thanks Adam. That's what I was going to try also. I have a batch that's been clarifyng for 2 days I was going to transfer to a different bottle tonight and clarify for another day. If I have any problems I was thinking of trying coffee filters. And I will keep you in mind if I find a beer recipe. BJadamtheestimator wrote: --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, ""BJ"" wrote: > > I am new to using EZCaps and have just started my first batch of > hard cider. I have about 3-4 days of fermenting left and can't wait > to see the end result. > > I have noticed a sediment on the bottom of the bottle and read in > the instructions to carefully pour the clarfied beverage out to > avoid getting any sediment into the final product. Does anyone know > of anything I can use as a fliter to catch any sediment that might > make its way out when pouring? > > Also, does anyone have any good recipes I can try? I am looking for > anything from wine to beer to ciders. Thanks. BJ, I recently started also, and I have found that a good 24hrs clarifying in the fridge and transfer to another container, then repeat the process until the sediment is negligable, is the best bet. My cider is almost as clear as the apple juice I started with.. Good luck! Adam P.S. I also am looking for good (& easy) beer recipes, so if anyone reading this has any or a link to some, we would be very appreciative!Do you Yahoo!?Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.ORGINAL POSTER: ben