Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add yeast after dissolving sugar?
Hi everyone,I just received my e-z caps this afternoon, and I was eager to trythem out. I had a 2 liter bottle, and a bottle of natural apple juice.I followed the directions step by step for making the hard cider, andthought I was all set. Then my eyes fell upon "For best results pleaseread instructions on opposite page." Go figure... haha. I should haveread it first!!Anyways, on the opposite page it says to make sure all sugar isdissolved before adding the yeast. I didn't do this! I had 1 cup ofsugar sitting at the bottom of the bottle when I added the yeast. So Iturned it over slowly and just kind of let the sugar drip into theliquid, and then gently rolled it around a little bit. It's not alldissolved but I figured at this point I shouldn't completely shake itor anything.My questions are:1) Did I ruin it by adding the yeast before dissolving the sugar?2) If not, should I shake it to dissolve it all?3) Should I just stop now and start over? hahaThanks!!!-brentORGINAL POSTER: brentnesbit