Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Smirnoff Ice? Sublime?
How much more time would this take? I know it is related totemperature which brings up a second question. At what temperatureis it too warm for fermentation?--- TerraCore Communications wrote:> more sugar =ore alcohol IF you give the yeast time toconsume> the sugar AND the alcohol content doesn't exceed about 17%. Atthat point> the alcohol becomes toxic to the yeast and the yeast dies.>> At 04:27 PM 3/5/2004 +0000, you wrote:> >So does adding more sugar lower the alcohol content or raise it?> >> >--- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, TerraCore Communications> > wrote:> > > I don't recommend putting the drink in direct sunlight> >unless you> > > put a towel or something over it. You are looking at a drink in> >the 10%> > > range using 3/4 cups of sugar and fermenting about a week. This> >type of> > > drink doesn't have an alcohol flavor. Be careful drinking it!> > >> > > I recommend clarifying for 3-4 days minimum to 2 weeks> > > maximum. Most of the yeast will settle in a few days but youcan> >get all> > > the way to clear if you wait long enough.> > >> > > At 01:36 AM 3/4/2004 +0000, you wrote:> > > >Thanks a lot to those who replied - it was a huge help. I can> >hardly> > > >wait to try it out, but before I get ahead of myself - I was> > > >wondering about how to get it to the 5%-7% range. I know thereare> > > >instructions included with the package, but I get confused with> > > >adding sugar, temperature, sunlight, and what's considereda "sweet> > > >juice." If my house is about 70 degrees, I put the bottle nextto a> > > >window with sunlight, and I add the 3/4 cups of sugar to...let's> >say> > > >the cran-apple mix - how long should I let it ferment in orderto> >get> > > >into the 5%-7% range? Will this amount of alcohol be too muchand> > > >noticably effect the taste? Lastly, how long is good amount oftime> > > >for clarifying a beverage, especially one of this type? Thankyou> > > >again for all the help - and comments on this will, again, bevery> > > >appreciated.> > > >> > > >--- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, TerraCore Communications> > > > wrote:> > > > > Grab a can of frozen concentrated cran-apple, mixas> > > > > directed. Add 3/4 cup of sugar. Ferment according toregular> >EZ> > > >Caps> > > > > instructions. I think you'll find it's exactly what you're> >looking> > > >for!> > > > >> > > &ORGINAL POSTER: exeterbass