Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
apple cider?
Hello all ....Recieved the ez-caps this weekend and already have four goodtwo-liters "capped off".Had a couple of questions ( read most of the postings here ).1. I used a mott's apple juice that was 100% juice ( from concentrate). I added 1cup of white sugar to it at room temperature, about 1/8tsp of the yeast.... got them in bathroom closet (should be around 75F).It doesn't seem like it's fermenting, i can see the yeast particlesfloating around but do not look like they are breaking down (this is~48 hrs)In comparison, my apple-cran and white grape seem like they arebubbling away! I cannot see the yeast particles but it is cloudy andgassy. On the applce juice, am I looking at some bum apple juice here( there are some chemiclas in it it looks like by way of preservatives). I try to bleed the bottle to see if any gas was producing ... igot a real weak whisp of gas from it, but imagine that could be gasfrom the normal break down? I don't know.2. Do you stir in the yeast when you add it originally? With myinitial bottles, i just added the yeast without stiring and it settledto the bottom (then rose again).Thanks much! Looking forward to tasting!ORGINAL POSTER: greenwood48430