Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few new questions from a new guy.
Hey everybody,I just started using EZ-Caps about a week ago, and I must say I amquite impressed. I've been home-brewing my own beer for about 5months, and when I saw EZ-caps, I thought they might be fun to try,though I didn't have high hopes. Anyway, I tasted my first batch ofapple juice wine (hard cider, whatever you want to call it), and itturned out great. I have a few questions that I was wondering ifanyone had any thoughts on;First, I was wondering if anyone thought that a citrus type ofjuice, or iced tea would ferment better with a re-used yeastculture. My thought is that the dead yeast might provide nutrients,and the fermentation might take off faster than using a new batch.Second, I wanted to use a Minute Maid drink that I like, however itis artificially sweetened. Obviously the sweetener won't ferment,but will it cause any problem with the process, or give "off"flavors? I was planning on adding some type of fermentable sugar(i.e. table sugar, dextrose, etc…) then letting it ferment untilmost, or all of that was fermented. Do you think the artificialsweetener will stay in the drink and act as a residual sugar,maintaining some sweetness to the drink, or I will I end up withsomething awful? Has anyone tried anything like this?Thanks in advance,Mr. JORGINAL POSTER: tinyjefferson