Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?
Yes, if it was a sanitation/bacterial problem you would almost definatelyhave foul odor and off taste. If the odor and taste of the two batches wasnear identical I think you can rule this one out.Is it possible you didn't clear the "bad" batch long enough and perhapsconsumed a substantial amount of yeast and/or sediment?The reason I thought it was alcohol content is if I ferment a batch fully(15-18%) my wife reports problems exactly as you described while I have nosuch problem. If I ferment the same juice to 10-12% she no longerexperiences the problem either. This has been the case on every juice I'veused other than Apple so I can only conclude the higher alcohol content isthe cause of her problem which she describes almost identically to yours.----- Original Message -----From: "tinyjefferson" To: Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 3:51 PMSubject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?> > It's the alcohol content that is causing the ache.>> I really don't think that is it. It's not the same type of ache as> simply drinking too much. Besides, I could get a much higher> alcohol content drinking a few shots of any hard liquor and not> experience the stomach ache. Like I said, I only had the problem> with one batch. I made two bottles with the same juice on the same> day, and one was fine, the other was not. I could be wrong, but I> really don't believe a slightly higher alcohol content then beer> would be causing the problem. Even an alcohol content of 15% isn't> much higher than any wine you would by off the shelf, and I have> never had any problem with any other wine. To me, logic dictates> that it must be a sanitation, or bacterial problem; that is the only> variable that makes sense. Although, you might expect off odors, or> a foul taste if that was the case. Again, I don't know, but I don't> think it's an alcohol issue, at least not for me. Just my opinion> though, and I appreciate the help.>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, wrote:> > It's the alcohol content that is causing the ache. If you are> generally a> > beer or mixed drink drinker the % of alcohol is more than your> body is used> > to. I'd suggest fermenting a couple of days fewer.> >> > ----- Original Message -----> > From: "tinyjefferson" > > To: > > Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 5:06 PM> > Subject: [E-Z-Caps] Re: Taste ... Stomach Issues?> >> >> > > I've made probably 9 or 10 total batches and had no trouble.> > > However, on one of my last batches, I had the exact same trouble.> > > It was with a tropical fruit mix (mainly a citrus mix). I made> two> > > batches exaORGINAL POSTER: justforfun69