Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Stopping fermentation
I think it worked! I openned the bottle after nearly a month, andthere was very little outgassing. the regular carbonation seems toaccount for all the pressure. If there was still active yeastpresent, I would have expected a LOT more pressure. Nope, it's justme and my bubbles, which is just fine and dandy with me!--- "Willum" wrote:>> I just finished my first batch, 2 liters of a 3 day "hot" 2> day "cold" brew apple cider using the champaign yeast. After> clearing in the fridge, I siphoned it off into another bottle and> tasted it. Tastes great, very sweet, very little kick (what was I> expecting for 3 days!) I crushed 1/4 of a campden tablet and added> it to the cider. I let it absorb for a 1/2 hour of so...thesulfite> doesnt change the flavor at all. i'll keep you posted on if this> actually stops the fermentation or not.>> Willum>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, Steve wrote:> > Yes, a campdem tablet will work fine, but you'll beadding> > chemicals to your brew> >> > At 05:42 AM 8/25/2005 +0000, you wrote:> > >I know the instructions say to put it in the fridge, but thatseems> > >like a short term stop. If I add a campden tablet to my> cider/wine,> > >will that stop the yeast to the point that I can glass bootle my> > >beverage and store at room temp, without making a glass grenade?> > >> > >I would like to be able to take my beverage on camping trips andto> > >give to friends without wasting or endangering anything.> > >> > >Willum> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >Yahoo! Groups Links> > >> > >> > >> > >>ORGINAL POSTER: willum