Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Separating
Would there be a problem with something like a... saltwater filter?It is used for separating the water from algae and seaweed but is abetter filter than a coffee filter. It seems like the everything BUTthe yeast is dissolved (correct me if I'm wrong)... so a very wellmade filter should work, right? Would this be a very effective way ofrecycling the yeast as well?--- TerraCore Communications wrote:> If you are very careful with the pouring and the beverageis very> cold, you can get a good 90+ percent of it out with one pour. Forthe more> patient, you can get almost 100% by waiting for the drink in thesecond> bottle to completely settle, and then pour that off again. Theresult will> be nearly 100% yeast free drink with very little loss.>> I've never tried cheesecloth but the yeast is too smallfor> that. A coffee filter makes more sense.>> At 11:37 PM 3/10/2004 +0000, you wrote:> >Earlier in the forum it was said that only 85% of the drink could> >actually be used because of the settled yeast at the bottom. I was> >wondering if there was a way to separate the two more efficiently.> >Someone mentioned Cheese Cloth (or however it is/was spelled), bad> >idea? I have access to a lab where there are hundreds of different> >strainers... but is it even possible to stain the yeast? or does is> >partially dissolve when it is disturbed?> >-Mark> >> >> >> >> >Yahoo! Groups Links> >> >> >> >ORGINAL POSTER: neldaarjr4