Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 cups of sugar
ok, i got my ez caps a little while ago but just now decided to trya batch. well, before i had the ez caps i tried another method ofwinemaking that used a gallon instead of 2 liters, anyway i usedlike 1 or 2 cups of sugar (cant remember which) with the gallonsetup. it was WAY dry, and i hated it. so with the ez caps i decidedto use 4 cups of sugar for a 2 liter. i put in the 4 cups of sugarand then very hot water to disolve the sugar. after that i poured ina container of thawed welches (everyone seems to use welches)concord grape juice and then put in the yeast. after that i filledup with warm water untill it was as full as it should be (about 90%full). so, its been 5 days of fermenting, i tried it yesterday andit was SWEET! but i am going to let it ferment for a total of 10days. i want the alcohol content to get to 17% so that the yeastwill die, which will stop fermentation without the need for anychemicals. so, has anyone ever tried that much sugar? did it turnout? how long did you have to ferment? anyway i figure the wine willturn out 1 of 3 ways. 1) too sweet 2) too dry 3) just right.personally i am hoping that it will turn out just right. but if itis too sweet then i can use 2 or 3 cups of sugar for the next batch.also, has anyone tried any of the other winemaking yeasts on themarket instead of just the yeast that comes with the ez tops?thanks.ORGINAL POSTER: ericlrichardson