Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: 4 cups of sugar
The basic recipe I use is make the fruit juice per directions on thepackage + about 1 cup of sugar. That makes about 1.5 liters ofjuice, or make the bottle 75% full. Brew about 2 weeks. The yeastusually dies of either alcohol poisoning or startvation (no moresugar). AFTER fermentation stops and the yeast has all died, I canre-sweeten if I want to.I also like to play with mixing in a little Strong brewed tea fortannic acid, or adding spices to the fruit juice to bend the flavoraround. Adding a little bit of cinnamon to apple juice beforebrewing makes for a SUPER tasty Hard Cider!Willum--- "JoKirKev" wrote:>> How did you make your wine more dry? 1 cup of sugar in thesesugary> juice mixes is more sweet than I care for.>>> --- In E-Z-Caps@yahoogroups.com, "ericlrichardson"> wrote:> >> > ok, i got my ez caps a little while ago but just now decided totry> > a batch. well, before i had the ez caps i tried another methodof> > winemaking that used a gallon instead of 2 liters, anyway i used> > like 1 or 2 cups of sugar (cant remember which) with the gallon> > setup. it was WAY dry, and i hated it. so with the ez caps i> decided> > to use 4 cups of sugar for a 2 liter. i put in the 4 cups ofsugar> > and then very hot water to disolve the sugar. after that ipoured> in> > a container of thawed welches (everyone seems to use welches)> > concord grape juice and then put in the yeast. after that ifilled> > up with warm water untill it was as full as it should be (about90%> > full). so, its been 5 days of fermenting, i tried it yesterdayand> > it was SWEET! but i am going to let it ferment for a total of 10> > days. i want the alcohol content to get to 17% so that the yeast> > will die, which will stop fermentation without the need for any> > chemicals. so, has anyone ever tried that much sugar? did itturn> > out? how long did you have to ferment? anyway i figure the wine> will> > turn out 1 of 3 ways. 1) too sweet 2) too dry 3) just right.> > personally i am hoping that it will turn out just right. but ifit> > is too sweet then i can use 2 or 3 cups of sugar for the next> batch.> > also, has anyone tried any of the other winemaking yeasts on the> > market instead of just the yeast that comes with the ez tops?> > thanks.> >>ORGINAL POSTER: willum