Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer
Using the recipe that came with e-z-caps:1. Does the liquid malt extract have to be cooked?2. Do I need to use ale yeast or the e-z cap yeast? (The directionssay ferment for a week. Would the e-z cap yeast use up too much malt?Would the diferent yeasts reult in different flavors)?3. If I add fruit extract, should I add it before or afterfermentation? Would adding it after fermentation make it flat?4. Will the liquid malt leave a lot of sediment in the bottom of thebottle?5. Do I need to let it age several weeks to avoid "green beer?"6. I also believe the recipe wants me to use hopped malt syrup,correct? Or is this more of a barley wine than a beer?I have been using the e-z caps for about 2 years. I have had a lot ofsuccess with ciders and fruit juices. I have even made some good beerusing dry malt extract, specialty malts and ale yeast, but it is a lotof cooking and cleaning. And there is an inch of sediment at thebottom of each bottle at the end of fermentation. I am hoping theliquid malt extract will be less work.I would really like to hear from the moderator and people who havebrewed beer using this method. Thanks.ORGINAL POSTER: eezzcap