Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: Two Liter Bottles
How about an EZ Cap that fits on 3 liter soda bottles maybe? Doestaddress what Amber previously brought up, but it might be somethingworth looking into if people are looking to give away wine as gifts orshare with a lot of friends perhaps.--- Steve wrote:>>> > Amber,>>> I actually developed an EZ Cap that would fit onto the larger> milk-jug size bottles and others but EZ Caps only work withcontainers that> were originally manufactured to hold a carbonated beverage. Some day a> future development may be a more expensive kit that includes bigcontainers.>>>>> >I found a lot of gallon jugs (which is roughly equivalent to 2liters) for> >sale on various sites like ebottles, etc., some of them evencheaper than> >what I pay for 2 liter soda bottles (not to mention they're alittle more> >reusable, so that drives the cost down a bit more), but unfortunately I> >couldn't find any with a 30mm cap size. The few bottles I did findwith that> >cap size were 1 liter or smaller, which seems a little unpractical for> >brewing. I'd certainly need to buy a lot more E-Z Caps, anyway. WinkIs there> >any chance the E-Z Caps might come in a 38mm size? A lot ofcommercial juice> >bottles, for instance, have those larger size caps, as do water andmilk> >jugs, etc. It seems like there'd be a lot more options in terms ofbrewing> >vessels with the larger size cap, since as far as I can tell, the 2liter> >soda bottles and their immediate cousins are the only ones withthat size> >cap, and they're obviously not available new to hobbyists.> >> >Amber> >> >> >> >> >> >Yahoo! Groups Links> >> >> >> >>ORGINAL POSTER: dbdraggin001