Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Re: [E-Z-Caps] product storage
At 05:31 PM 1/3/2010, you wrote: I haven't noticed any information regarding storing the finished product. Does it need to be used immediately after it is finished or can it be stored for extended periods of time? Would glass bottles be better for long-term storage? I am very excited about E-Z caps. Thank you Tcguya9Question #11: After brewing wine should itbe refrigerated or will fermentation start again and can it be bottledfor extended shelf life?Answer: Fermentation is complete when one of the followingoccurs: 1) All the sugar is consumed and the yeast dies ofstarvation. 2) The alcohol content reaches 16-18% which willkill the yeast. 3) The beverage becomes toxic to the yeastdue to natural or artificial reasons (such as the addition of chemicalsspecifically designed to kill the yeast such as a Campden tablet).4) The temperature of the beverage rises above approximately 104degrees for a period long enough to kill the yeast. Fermentation iscomplete when no more bubbles are rising to the surface when the beverageis at room temperature. If you place a beverage into therefrigerator that isn't completely fermented, it will continue to fermentin the refrigerator at a VERY VERY slow pace (i.e what you use to countin days now takes months). If you take such a beverage out of therefrigerator, it may begin active fermentation again. It isimportant to ensure fermentation is complete or almost completed beforebottling your beverage at room temperature. Failure to followthis rule can result in burst bottles and possibly even personalinjury. I don't use additives in my beverages but that is apersonal choice . I let the yeast die naturally by letting theyeast dine until it dies of it's own alcohol poisoning or bystarvation. Bottling your beverages is fun and it allows differentflavors to develop over time.Question #11a: How long does bottled EZCaps last before going bad?Answer: This depends on many factors includingtemperature, alcoholic and sugar content of the beverage, and storageconditions. In worst conditions the beverage will last about ayear, in average conditions several years, and in best conditions,several decades.ORGINAL POSTER: steve
Thanks for the share Smile